Are you tired of shaving? Perhaps your monthly waxing appointments are adding up in expense. Whatever your burden is with unwanted hair, there may be a final solution with laser hair removal. Both men and women can take advantage of Cynosure Laser Hair Removal from Olansky Dermatology and Associates. Using laser therapy, you can have a faster, gentler and more permanent way to remove unwanted hair.
- What areas can be treated?
- This advanced technology can get rid of hair on the face, abdomen, legs, breasts, underarms and bikini areas for women and the shoulders, back and chest for men. It is FDA approved and effective for all skin types.
- How does Cynosure Laser Hair Removal work?
- During your treatment, a laser beam is targeted at the affected area of hair. The laser passes through the skin to each individual hair follicle. The Cynosure lasers can be modified in two different wavelengths to accommodate light and dark skin types. The laser technology uses pulsed energy and intense heat to permanently damage the hair follicle and prevent future growth.
- How many treatments can I expect?
- Because Cynosure can only eliminate actively growing hair, you can expect to need multiple treatments to accomplish your results. The number of sessions depends on your unique hair type and the location of the unwanted hair. In general, treatments for the face and neck should be spaced out every 4-6 weeks, treatments for the back, chest, bikini area and underarms every 6-8 weeks, and legs about every 8-10 weeks. Most patients benefit from 6-8 sessions.
- What happens after Laser Hair Removal?
- There will be some temporary redness or bumps following your laser treatments. This should dissipate after 24 hours. It may take up to 2 weeks for some of the hairs to fall out. You may notice new hair growth in subsequent weeks, but it will probably be lighter, finer and sparser.
To learn if you are a candidate for laser hair removal, call our experts at Olansky Dermatology & Associates in Atlanta. We can safely eliminate your unwanted hair for a more attractive and hassle-free life.
3379 Peachtree Rd NE, Suite 500
Atlanta, GA 30326
Phone: (404) 355-5484