Same Day Dermatology Appointments
Your skin is your body’s largest organ. Like any other body part, it can develop problems that need to be addressed. Most skin issues do not require immediate attention; however, for those situations when urgent care is required, Olansky Dermatology may be able to accommodate you. If you are experiencing a problem with your skin that you feel needs to be diagnosed right away, give us a call. We are usually able to see patients who need immediate assistance.
Skin rashes are caused by a variety of sources. Bug bites, allergic reactions to certain plants, animals, foods or other allergens, and infections are but a few of the many causes for skin disorders. Often, a patient can pinpoint the reason for a rash or irritation, but there are situations when the skin may develop symptoms without an identifiable cause.
There are also situations when a rash or skin problem may begin to cause substantial discomfort in the form of itching, burning or pain. When the usual over-the-counter products do not work or are not effective, it may indicate that you need to have the affected area examined right away.
A same day or next day appointment is usually available at Olansky Dermatology. We understand how skin problems can interfere with your everyday activities. Dry, painful, itchy skin, blisters, rashes and sores can all cause extreme discomfort. Skin infections can develop from scratching rashes or irritated areas. If not treated promptly, these conditions could lead to serious problems.
Urgent Dermatology Care for a New Skin Rash
There are several skin conditions that may require urgent dermatological care. Among them are:
- Cellulitis – appears as red, blotchy skin. The area may have dimples or blisters. The skin may be swollen and tender or painful to the touch.
- Eczema – dry, itchy areas of the skin. The skin may have red to brownish-grey or dark patches. Small bumps may appear, and they may weep when scratched. Incessant scratching can cause raw, sensitive skin.
- Impetigo – small red spots usually around the nose, mouth, hands or forearms. These spots may blister and break open, creating sores. The affected area may spread.
- Poison oak/ivy/sumac – causes the skin to itch. Can cause hives, swelling and redness or red streaks. Blisters appear in streaks or lines and break open and may crust over.
- Ringworm – a fungi transmitted from person to person. Athlete’s foot is a common form of ringworm. It can affect any area of the body. Ringworm usually forms ring-shaped flat areas with an elevated, scaly border. Lighter skin may show a red rash while dark skin may develop a brown/grey rash. There may be intense itching or pain in some instances.
- Shingles – the first symptoms are usually a painful burning sensation or numbness. Shingles affects one side of the body with a red, itchy rash after the initial symptoms. The rash forms blisters that will crust over after breaking open.
Early diagnosis and treatment of these skin conditions can ease the discomfort they cause. While we cannot guarantee a same day appointment due to demand, we always do our best to see urgent cases as soon as possible.
Skin Care Specialists with Same Day Appointments
If you have a rash or skin condition that is causing tremendous discomfort or looks infected, call Olansky Dermatology. We may have an opening or be able to give you an appointment for the next day.
Olansky Dermatology provides comprehensive skincare for every stage of life. We help keep your skin healthy and glowing by providing high-quality medical, surgical and cosmetic skincare. Our dermatologists have years of experience and expertise to ensure that you receive the best in dermatology care. Contact us today to schedule an appointment for your skin condition.