If you suffer from psoriasis, you are probably quite familiar with how frustrating this skin condition can be. Many patients fight an uphill battle to find what works to relieve their psoriasis symptoms and which treatments they can tolerate. There are pills and injections that can alleviate psoriasis, but they often come with worrisome side effects, potentially harming the liver and immune system. Topical creams, such as high-potency steroids, can bring relief for some, but they require inconvenient and messy application on a daily basis or more.
Now there is new hope for psoriasis suffers. Xtrac is a high power laser that can rapidly and effectively treat psoriasis. The following benefits can be gained when choosing Xtrac laser therapy:
- Effective treatment: In as little as 10-12 treatment sessions, patients gain effective clearing of their psoriasis. Significant improvement can often be seen after 6 treatments.
- Long-lasting: You can expect several months of symptom-free relief after Xtrac laser treatment.
- Convenient treatment option: No need to deal with messy creams or follow a disciplined skin care regime each day to get the relief you need.
- Simple, comfortable treatment: Xtrac is known for its painless and very short treatment sessions.
- Safe: Not only is Xtrac highly effective, but it is also very safe. It can be used on patients of all ages and all skin types. FDA cleared the Xtrac laser technology for skin treatments in 2000, and it has since become worldwide market leader for psoriasis and vitligo treatment. There are no harmful side effects like those associated with invasive, systemic agents.
How does it work?
Olansky Dermatology is proud to offer the Xtrac laser to patients in the Atlanta area. Xtrac laser therapy delivers a targeted and super-narrow laser light beam (UVB band) to the areas of skin that are affected by plaque psoriasis. Since it focuses light on active lesions, Xtrac allows us to deliver the necessary therapeutic doses for rapid clearing without any risk to your healthy skin. It is effective for all affected areas of the body, including the scalp, knees and elbows.
To learn more about how you can send your psoriasis into remission with just a handful of painless laser treatments, please call our office. Most major insurance companies cover the Xtrac laser for psoriasis treatment.
3379 Peachtree Rd NE, Suite 500
Atlanta, GA 30326
Phone: (404) 355-5484