While there are a number of ways to turn back the hands of time and rejuvenate your facial appearance, one of the most proven and non-invasive methods is with a chemical peel. Chemical peels have been around for years. They are a safe and highly effective solution for treating a variety of skin concerns.
- How do they work?
- A chemical peel is composed of specific chemical compounds and other ingredients that are applied on the skin. Through chemical exfoliation, the dead skin cells slough off in order to reveal a healthier and brighter complexion. On a cellular level, the ingredients of a chemical peel stimulate the underlying living skin cells to move to the top and multiply. This increases collagen production and hyaluronic acid, which are primary elements for younger-looking skin.
- What does a chemical peel address?
- In general, a chemical peel is ideal for patients who want to improve skin texture, skin tone and skin pigmentation. Chemical peels can reduce the appearance of the following:
- Sun spots
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Acne scars
- Sun damage
- Uneven skin tone
- Are all chemical peels the same?
- No, there are different types of solutions as well as mild, moderate and deep peels. At Olansky Dermatology, we offer the most proven chemical peel options, including the Vitalize Peel, Melanage Mini Peel and Glycolic Peel. One of our dermatologist or aestheticians will determine which chemical peel is best for your skin type and your unique skin concerns.
- What are other benefits of a chemical peel?
- Did you know that chemical peels can help your skin care products work better? You may even find that you don’t need as much make-up or concealer to hide your wrinkles or even out your skin tone. Routine chemical peels can be an important part of your skin care maintenance.
To learn more about chemical peels or to determine if they can benefit you, please contact Olansky Dermatology Associates today.
3379 Peachtree Rd NE, Suite 500
Atlanta, GA 30326
Phone: (404) 355-5484