In this summer Georgia heat, who isn’t sweating? However, there is a difference between normal body sweat and excessive sweating, or hyperhidrosis. If you are tired of having to pack extra shirts to avoid embarrassing underarm stains throughout the day, consider investing in miraDry. There is now a permanent, one-time solution that can reduce your excessive underarm sweat by up to 86%!
- How does miraDry work?
- This revolutionary system uses miraWave energy that targets and permanently destroys sweat and odor glands in your underarm. Don’t worry; your body doesn’t need your underarm sweat glands. They account for a mere 2% of the 2 million sweat glands found in your body.
- Is this better than Botox?
- While Botox injections have been known to treat problematic underarm sweating, it requires multiple treatments to maintain your results. This is not only inconvenient, but the cost can quickly add up over the course of the year.
- How long does the procedure last?
- You will in a reclined position undergoing miraDry treatment for about an hour.
- Is it safe?
- miraDry is the only noninvasive, FDA-cleared treatment that provides lifetime relief from excessive underarm sweating.
- How long do the results last?
- Once your sweat glands are destroyed by miraDry, they never grow back. Therefore, patients can take advantage of lifelong relief from their hyperhidrosis condition.
- Is the miraDry procedure painful?
- You may experience discomfort as your underarms are numbed for the procedure. Most patients, however, find that the miraDry treatment itself is not painful.
- Are there any side effects?
- Patients can expect mild swelling, tingling or soreness for a few days to a few weeks after the procedure.
If you avoid silk blouses or dancing at wedding receptions because of excessive underarm sweat, consider scheduling a miraDry treatment at Olansky Dermatology Associates. We adopt the latest technique and technology to help patients feel confident in their skin!
Posted on behalf of Dr. Jodi E. Ganz, Olansky Dermatology Associates
Circle Us on Google+
3379 Peachtree Rd NE, Suite 500
Atlanta, GA 30326
Phone: (404) 355-5484